GOALS FOR 2013

10 PULL UPS
21 something 5K
1:55 HALF MARATHON

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Getting ready for Half Marathon and focusing on things above!


3 days until the Detroit half!  This pic was taken before one of our group runs this week.  It should be a fun weekend!  My friend Jeannell came over on Tuesday and we made a sign for each hotel room door!  We put some funny stuff on them.  I will have to take pics and post them later.  I also printed 80 something pictures from over the past year of the green team at different races and events.  I'm going to crop them and put them on a board to hang up so that we can have fun looking back and reminiscing over the hard work they put in this past year.

I've still been following along with the Good Morning Girls devotion in Colossians.  The video that was posted on Monday went right along with my life this week.  I had my whole family watch it with me and had my kids memorize colossians 3:2 Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things.  I've been thinking about heaven a lot this week.  My husband's Grandpa was diagnosed with lung cancer in June.  His health started to decline rapidly and this past week he was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia.  Well yesterday my husband called me and asked me if I could go and get the kids out of school and all come up to the hospital.  He just felt like it was a good time for us to all be there together with him at the same time.  We all walked in the door and the first thing he did was look each one of us in the eyes, one at a time, and say I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you  and I love you!!  Later last night he stopped breathing on his own and he is now on a ventilator.  I know he will be with the Lord real soon.  It makes me sad, but it also makes me dream and ponder of what heaven will be like.  It gives me goosebumps to think that soon he will meet his creator!  Even though he is in his 80's and has lived a long life, it REALLY IS just such a short short little blip of time!  God, please help me to set my mind on things above, NOT on earthly things!

The Lord placed on my heart to write Grandpa and Grandma Davis a letter last night.  I told them how thankful I was for the Godly example they have been in our lives and how much their hugs, encouragement, and sacrifices have meant to me over the years.  I told them that I was praying for strength and peace for them.  Well, you know what?  Chris (my husband) took that letter up with him at midnight when he got the call that he had stopped breathing, and Grandpa never got to read it.  Grandma read it, and Chris said she eventually laid down and fell asleep with that letter still in her hand.  But, God has given ME such a peace and a joy in my heart because I feel so good that I was able to express that to them!  I was the one who got the blessing from it.  I think part of it was because I listened to what God placed on my heart.  So many times I feel little nudges and I ignore them.  Like call this person, see what you can do for that person, etc.  It's so easy to ignore them and carry on with my own life.  But I want to start following through with the things God places on my heart.  I know there are boundaries and not all "good" things are what God wants me to necessarily do, so I pray that God will help me know when I need to act!

1 comment:

  1. I'm behind in catching up.... my goodness, such a touching post! I think it's wonderful that you wrote the letter, such an amazing blessing! Very cool that your family watched the video on Colossians -- awesomeness! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete