GOALS FOR 2013

10 PULL UPS
21 something 5K
1:55 HALF MARATHON

Friday, November 2, 2012

Back in Action

It's Friday, yea!!  I'm super excited because Naomi and I are going to the Girls of Grace conference tomorrow.  If you are not familiar, it is a christian conference for teenage girls.  There will be speakers and Christian song artists there.  One of my favorite bands are Sidewalk Prophets and they will be there.  They sing the song Live Like That.  I have it as my ring tone on my phone.  I posted it below with the words if you've never heard it.  



As far as my fitness goals go..........  I did really well sticking to my goals the week after my 1/2 marathon.  BUT, then the weekend came and I blew it!  That completely ruined all my work from the week and I weighed in .2 pounds heavier than I had the week before!  UGH!  So I cleaned it up again Monday and so far this week I've been doing good.  My goal is to follow through THIS WEEKEND!!!    I also lifted FOUR days this week!!  That was a huge accomplishment!  I have not been lifting consistently for about a year.  I went through a phase where I thought it was making me bulky, lol!  (it couldn't have been all the calories I was consuming).  I also am just recovering from a strained transverse ligament in my shoulder caused from my poor swimming form this summer, so I was trying to rest that.  

Pull ups!!!!  I'm recording them on a separate page and eventually I will add videos of them.  I did 2 on Monday and I did them again today.  I could only do 2 again today, but the 2 that I did seemed a little easier, I just couldn't squeeze out that 3rd one though.  So my goal is to add one a week until I get back to 6-7, and then hopefully I will be able to add 1 every other week.  

Below was my dinner tonight!  YUM!  I love the thin frozen chicken breast from Sam's club.  I keep some thawed in the fridge and then it's so easy to throw one in a pan with some salt, pepper and garlic and it's done in 5 minutes and so tasty.  My broccoli is left over from my guiltless chicken platter from lunch at Chili's today with a friend.  And the grapefruit I picked up today because Naomi and I love them!  
 I also threw some raw almonds in the oven and roasted them.  They have such a good flavor roasted and I love the extra crunch!  One of my favorite evening snacks is almonds (sometimes dipped in peanut butter, weird I know!) and scrambled egg whites!

So hopefully on Monday I will be able to post a lower weight in my weigh in pages!

What are your fitness goals?

Got any fun plans for the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh Dinner looks "YUMMY" - sorry for screaming but I wanted to make sure you had no doubt about how great it looks! I don't care for grapefruit but it even looks good. hehe

    Fitness goals -- I would love to add an extra 1/2 mile to my elliptical workouts - it's been a hard one for me. Weight training, I did that for a short time at the gym, loved it. It brought back memories from when I was a pre-teen -- I use to do it with my brother. I wish I had stayed in the "better physical" mode. Oh well, can't go back so I move forward.
    Fun plans for the weekend -- Hubby and I are going to take a drive south of where we live and visit with family. It will be a nice relaxing day.

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great goals!! I would encourage anyone to lift weights even if it's starting out very very light! I have one client with Chrohn's (sp?). She struggles with being consistent because a flare up sets hers back for a bit, but she has said that strength training has helped her feel healthier and stronger. And yes, moving forward is the fun part about fitness. It is so fun to see success and accomplishments! Let me know if you ever have any fitness questions, I'd love to help anyway I can! Hope you had a great visit with your family :)

    ReplyDelete